The Psychology Club Zurich was founded in 1916 by Mr. and Mrs. McCormick-Rockefeller, Emma and Carl Gustav Jung, and some Zurich friends of Complex Psychology. It was located in a neo-Gothic building in Gemeindestrasse 27, Zürich, donated for the use of the club. Here analysts, trainee analysts and lay members would meet frequently to research and debate. From the very beginning the clubhouse was probably the most important forum for C.G. Jung himself to present his ideas in many seminars and lectures. Members of the club were hearing ideas forming before Jung published them. In 2016 the Psychology Club Zurich celebrated its centenary and it is still an important centre in the Jungian world.
The Psychology Club Zurich became the prototype for other psychological clubs all over the world. Clubs with both professional analysts and lay persons as members. Often Jung Clubs from in places before there is an official IAAP Member Society and then foster the development of a training and a professional group. The international clubs are often called “C.G. Jung Club of Place-name” or “Place-name Friends of Jung”. The existence of many of these clubs around the world is evidence of the ongoing interest in Jung’s ideas and psychology. One of the central motivations for the Jungian.Directory is to provide a hub through which everyone interested in Jungian ideas and Analytical Psychology can share ideas, resources and community.